I’m sure that most folks aren’t planning a trip to New Bern, NC or looking for romantic getaways, but you never know when a trip here is needed such as military, checking in on a family member or just passing through the area. Certainly, I’m not encouraging travel but the reality is that some will need to be on the road and if New Bern is a possability then a quick rundown of what’s open is appropriate.
Currently, most of the shops in town are open and will likely stay that way unless something drastic changes or by mandate. I was in s store earlier and they stated that business was off but not terrible. Again, this could change.
As for restaurants, it’s a bit trickier for them as the Governor of North Carolina has mandated that no restaurant or bar is allowed to serve customers in the dining room. However, most of the restaurants in town have modified their menus and schedules to accommodate take-out, curbside pickup and delivery. We have listed restaurants we normally recommend to guests, but many more are open. Please check their websites for more information:
1. Cypress Hall: Open Thurs-Sat 12:00PM to 8:00PM for curbside takeout and deliveries. www.cypresshallrestaurant.com
2. Captain Ratty’s: Open Mon-Fri 11:30AM to 8:00PM, Sat-Sun 8:00AM to 12:00PM for curbside takeout and deliveries: www.captainrattys.com
3. Beer Army Burger: Open Mon-Sat 11:00AM to 8:00PM for curbside takeout and deliveries: www.beerarmy.com
4. Persimmons: Open Tues-Sat 11:00AM to 7:00PM for curbside takeout and deliveries: www.persimmonsrestaurant.net
5. The Chelsea: Closed
6. OrangeCrate delivery service: offing delivery for over 45 restaurants in the New Bern Area: www.myorangecrate.com
What is the Aerie is doing for guests: beyond our normal breakfast, we will place your order for dinner at a restaurant of your choice and arrange delivery to the inn. We will set up a table in the dining room for you to eat and provide wine service by request. The Aerie will share the cost with our guests by paying for delivery to th inn and pay gratuity to the restaurant. This will give you an opportunity to enjoy our newly renovated dining room and tay at the inn away from crowds.
Please visit our website for availability: www.aerienc.com
Beth & John Blackwelder